Best when topped with 1-2 Servings of Lucy’s Red Hot CBD
* 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* ½ onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup long-grain rice, cooked
* 2 eggs, beaten
* ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
* ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 tbsp dry oregano
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* ½ tsp chili powder
* salt and pepper to taste (about 1tsp salt, 1/2tsp pepper)
For Albondigas broth:
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* ½ onion, chopped
* 3 medium carrots, chopped to your liking
* 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped to your liking (not too small or they’ll dissolve)
* 3 celery stalks (this is optional)
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 9 cups chicken broth, I use Knorr granulated chicken bouillon
* 1 tomato diced, or 1 can (14.5 oz) chopped tomatoes
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1tsp ground cumin, or more to your liking
* juice from ½ lemon
* dash of cayenne pepper
* fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Cook 1/2 cup of rice in 1 cup of water. (Bring to a boil, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes. It doesn’t matter if it’s undercooked. It will cook through once the meatballs are added to the broth to cook. You can skip this step and just add it raw, but then you risk your meatballs being dry if you have to wait for the rice to cook through.) While it cooks, you can prep everything else for the meatballs.
2. In a bowl add all the meatball ingredients together (including rice) and mix well. Shape into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
3. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom 5 qt pot to medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, and tomatoes. Cook until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes), and add garlic. Cook one more minute being careful not to burn the garlic.
4. Add broth, water, and seasonings. Taste the broth. Adjust to your liking.
5. Bring to a boil and add potatoes slowly so you don’t splash yourself. (You can let them simmer a bit if you’re still prepping meatballs.)
6. Add meatballs to pot one at a time. Cover and let cook over low to medium heat for another 10-15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Add lemon juice and herbs. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve and enjoy.
Hooray you are on your way to making something that is absolutely delicious.
We want to thank you and offer you FREE SHIPPING on Lucy’s Red Hot CBD.
Click the BUY NOW button below and enter code CBDRECIPE at checkout.BUY NOW