- 2 tsp. Shaoxing wine, dry sherry, sake, or mirin
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8–10 red dried chiles
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, chopped
- 1 1″ piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. cracked black peppercorns
- ⅓ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- Kosher salt
- Stir soy sauce, wine, and cornstarch in a bowl. Add the chicken. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Stir vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl; set sauce aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high. Add chicken (along with any marinade clinging to it) and cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned all over but not cooked through, 3–4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add bell pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add dried chiles, scallions, Fresno chile, ginger, garlic, and peppercorns. Cook, tossing constantly, until very aromatic and dried chiles are lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Add chicken and reserved sauce and cook, tossing, until liquid is nearly evaporated and coats chicken, about 1 minute longer. Toss in peanuts. Taste and season lightly with salt if needed.
We hope you enjoy your meal with Lucy’s Red Hot CBD. Please use promo code CBDRECIPE to receive FREE SHIPPING on your next order.